Utah H.S. Football Players Charged with Rape of Fellow Teammate

hazing high school texas males

Held down by three

Sexual assault and rape – who would have thought such things were possible among high school football players against a fellow teammate. But that’s exactly what is alleged to have happened at a Utah school.

As reported in USA Today High School Sports:

“Charges have been filed against two teenagers accused of helping a 16-year-old boy sexually assault a teammate after football practice, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

Misty Cox told FOX13 that her 15-year-old son was held down after football practice at Gunnison Valley High School.

Two boys held him down, a third boy pulled his own pants down and rubbed his backside and genitalia all over my son’s face,” she said.”

Sadly, there is more:

“Five more victims have since come forward since a 16-year-old was charged of six counts of object rape and four counts of forcible sex abuse, according to the Tribune, while FOX13 said there were five counts of forcible sex abuse.

The investigation has revealed at least 13 suspected assaults, according to the Tribune.

The reports were initially all from boys, but according to the Tribune, there have been subsequent reports from girls.

Related: Illinois High School football players charged in brutal locker room hazings

Sanpete County Attorney Kevin Daniels told the Tribune that the assaults aren’t part of a “coordinated event” like in some hazing situations. It has affected athletes, students in band, and a “diverse” group.

There are 349 students at Gunnison Valley High School, the Tribune reported. That would mean four percent of the student population are alleged victims.”

According to Fox 13, as many as 9 boys may have been involved in the sexual assaults. Authorities are continuing to investigate with prosecutors.

Officials from the school aren’t saying much, according to the local paper:

“Officials from South Sanpete School District didn’t respond to The Salt Lake Tribune’s request for comment Friday afternoon. Superintendent Kent Larsen previously said the district is investigating the allegations and their own policies. Larsen also said the 16-year-old wouldn’t be allowed at the school until the case had resolved.”